Tuesday, July 18, 2006

-for you

I can't shed the tears, because it'll be too painful to.
I can't shut my eyes, cos then that's where I'll see you.
I can't grieve nor smile cos my heart stabs everytime I do.
I can't forget nor remember cos these memories reminds me of you.

It reminded me of how a wound that stabs and aches.
It reminded me of a heart that beats and hurts.
I'll fall for you, oh yes I will..
I'll stumble upon a meaningless tale.

I'd smile for you,
yet beneath it lives a crestfallen sorrow.
I'll sparkle with my eyes,
though behind those eyes are tears that flow.

Wondered why there's tears sometimes that words cannot express.
More complex than any word can ever describe.
Within me cries a soul that couldn't free itself.
On the outside shows a self that laughs a lifetime of wealth.

A light that shines a moment then flicker out the next.
The darkness that overwhelms the day awaits
until the hands of time stops ticking.
And then we'll fade into the night, with your body in my keeping.

Spoke of verses that held no meanings.
Cried a river upon the endless greens.
Watched a moon that waxed and waned,
to seek a moment that heals all the pain.

No comments: