Friday, June 09, 2006

-thebadmintonguy

All I ever thought of was to make you smile,
to make you laugh when you're feeling sad.
Bring you joy when you are feeling down,
and comfort you when you feel so bad.

I thought oh wow, why am I doing this for you.
I felt great for just that little moment, but not for long.
Cos all along, I didn't realise I have fallen for you.
I know I shouldn't, I know it's wrong!

I asked myself, we are just friends! Aren't we?
Yes.. Logic insists, we can't be more than that.
I love you so and why can't you see?
I've fallen too deep and it's time for regret.

Regret that things have to be resolved this way..
Regret that I didn't have the chance to be that special guy.
I've looked into your eyes and fumbled with words - I didn't know what to say.
All I could do was to look down and ask you why..

Why.. Why.. Why..
Too many whys.. Too many goodbyes..
But I'd only the chance to give a smile and turn away.
And to only turn into a world of grey.

I once thought love was a splendid thing.
It isn't.. Thoughts have made foolishness out of me.
Love is an obstacle, a time to think..
To think of what's the most I could ever be.

I'd blame fate that brought us together,
then blame it again to tear us apart.
But I realised, it's special that fate had once brought us together,
and let me have the chance to smile one last time for you,
before we would eventually part...

No comments: